The Fordham University Rams continue the 2020-2021 Atlantic 10 season by traveling to Davidson, N.C., to face the Davidson College Wildcats in Belk Arena on Wednesday, January 20, at 1:00 p.m.
The game will be broadcast live on ESPN+ with Sam Hyman (play-by-play) and Matt Present (color) on the call, and broadcast live on wfuvsports.org with Jackson Heil (play-by-play) and Andrew Posadas (color) announcing.
Fordham enters the game with a 1-5 record, 1-5 in the Atlantic 10, and is coming off a 65-46 Atlantic 10 loss to Massachusetts in the Rose Hill Gym on Sunday afternoon, while Davidson enters the contest with an 8-5 overall record, 4-2 in the A-10, and is coming off a 77-53 league win over La Salle in Philadelphia on Saturday.
Wednesday afternoon’s contest will be the 12th meeting between Fordham and Davidson on the hardwood. The Wildcats lead the all-time series, 9-2, and has won seven straight, including both of last year’s meetings, a 74-62 win in the Rose Hill Gym on January 19 as Jon Axel Gudmunsson scored 21 points and Mike Jones added 15 for Davidson, and 79-49 at Davidson on February 11 behind 15 points from Jones and 13 from Kellan Grady.
• Sophomore Chris Austin has picked up the offense over the past four games, averaging 14.3 ppg over that stretch, including scoring a career-high 20 points in the win over Dayton.
• Austin is tied for the team lead in scoring at 11.0 ppg.
• Sophomore forward Joel Soriano has recorded a double-double in four of the first six games of 2020-2021, including a 12-point, 12-rebound game against UMass on Sunday.
• Soriano now has a double-double in nine of his last 12 games dating back to last year.
• Soriano is leading the team in rebounding (10.0 rpg), second best in the Atlantic 10.
• Soriano leads the A-10 in offensive rebounding (4.5/game) and ranks fourth in field goal percentage (.614).
• Over the past four contests, Fordham opponents are averaging 58.5 ppg and shooting .382 (78-204) from the field and .258 (25-97) from behind the arc.
• A win over Davidson would give Fordham head coach Jeff Neubauer his 250th career coaching win.
For more information fans are encouraged to click on the link seen here: