The New York Islanders announced on Monday that they will hold an online auction that has one-of-a-king experiences and items to help raise funds for those affected by Hurricane Sandy. There were a ton of local area teams, organizations and people who all donated to these efforts.
Donators include the Brooklyn Nets, the New York Knicks, Mets, Yankees, Giants, Jets, Rangers and more. Each gave items to help in raising money for the American Red Cross Hurricane Relief fund. Fans can access the auction on the Islanders web site and bidding will open on Tuesday, November 13 at noon and close at 10 p.m. on Tuesday, November 20.
“It really is impressive to see so many local teams donate items to help raise money for the hurricane relief efforts,” Islanders General Manager and President of the Islanders Children’s Foundation Garth Snow said. “The rivalries that so many of the donating teams have, go on the back-burner in situations like this because it’s not only Islanders fans that were affected, it’s all New Yorkers.”
Auction Items Listed Below:
– Barclays Center: Ten (10) suite tickets to the Brooklyn Hoops Winter Festival on December 15, 2012 featuring St. John’s University
– Barclays Center: Ten (10) suite tickets to the WWE pay-per-view event, TLC at Barclays Center on December 16, 2012
– Barclays Center: Ten (10) suite tickets to the Brooklyn Hoops Holiday Invitational on December 22, 2012 featuring Hofstra University
– Barclays Center: Ten (10) suite tickets to Disney on Ice for six (6) different shows at Barclays Center (dates listed below)
o November 30, 2012 at 7 p.m.
o December 1, 2012 at 11 a.m.
o December 1, 2012 at 3 p.m.
o December 1, 2012 at 7 p.m.
o December 2, 2012 at 11 a.m.
o December 2, 2012 at 3 p.m.
– Bridgeport Sound Tigers: Team autographed jersey
– Bridgeport Sound Tigers: VIP experience which includes four (4) tickets, high fives with the players as they take the ice and two (2) Zamboni riders
– Brooklyn Nets: All Access Ticket Package which includes four (4) tickets for a mutually agreed upon Brooklyn Nets game
– Brooklyn Nets: Four (4) suite tickets package for a mutually agreed upon Brooklyn Nets game
– Brooklyn Nets: Ten (10) suite tickets to the December 9 game against the Milwaukee Bucks
– Brooklyn Nets: Limited edition JAY Z Brooklyn Nets jersey
– Brooklyn Nets: Brook Lopez autographed poster
– Carrie Underwood & SMG: Ten (10) suite tickets to Carrie Underwood show and Meet & Greet November 30, 2012 at Nassau Coliseum
o Two (2) sets of four (4) suite tickets
o One (1) set of two (2) suite tickets
– New Jersey Devils: Ilya Kovalchuk autographed stick
– New York Giants: Super Bowl XLVI lineup card signed by Tom Coughlin and Eli Manning
– New York Islanders: Equipment Assistant where one young fan will work with the equipment staff on a mutually agreed upon game night (includes 4 tickets)
– New York Islanders: Sit with General Manager Garth Snow in his suite during a mutually agreed upon game (includes 4 tickets)
– New York Islanders: Media Experience gives two (2) fans the chance to sit behind MSG broadcasters Howie Rose and Butch Goring for an entire game
– New York Islanders: VIP experience featuring high-fives with the players and a seat on the bench during warm-ups for kids under 14 (includes 4 tickets)
– New York Islanders: John Tavares autographed jersey
– New York Knicks: Amar’e Stoudemire autographed jersey
– New York Mets: VIP experience featuring a trip to Batting Practice and welcome on the scoreboard, to go along with four (4) field level tickets
– New York Mets: Media experience featuring a trip to the press box to watch part of a game with radio play-by-play announcer Howie Rose, in addition to four (4) field level tickets
– New York Rangers: Henrik Lundqvist autographed stick
– New York Yankees: Don Larsen autographed baseball
All proceeds raised from the auctions will go directly to the American Red Cross’ Hurricane Sandy Relief Fund to assist Long Islanders in need.