For the final game of the 2019 season, the New York Liberty traveled to Atlanta to face the Dream. New York defeated Atlanta, 71-63, ending a six-game skid.
In the balanced scoring effort for the Liberty, Tina Charles led with 14 points on 6-of-11 shooting from the field. She added eight rebounds and a game-high five assists.
New York led most of the first quarter, but a 6-0 Atlanta run tied the game at 17 with less than two minutes remaining.
A 4-0 Liberty run to end the quarter gave the visiting team its lead back, finishing the quarter up 21-17.
New York led by as many as nine points in the second quarter, however, the Dream cut the Liberty lead to three points at the end of the half. Kia Nurse hit a fade away two off the glass with the clock winding down to give the Liberty a 44-38 advantage going into the locker room.
The second half began with a 10-5 run for the Liberty. New York gained its largest lead at that time (11) midway through the third quarter. The team led by as many as 17 today.
Amanda Zauhi B scored seven points in the third quarter. She finished the game with 13 points and 11 rebounds, her third double-double of the season.
A 4-0 run for New York started the final quarter of the game. Atlanta went on a run of its own, outscoring New York 7-0 midway through the fourth. Despite being outscored 14-9, the Liberty pulled away in the fourth quarter, topping the Dream for the second time in Atlanta this season.
- New York shot 39.5% from the field and 28% from beyond the arc., ending a six-game skid to finish the season.
- Tina Charles led New York with 14 points and eight rebounds. She shot 9-of-23 from the field and added a game-high five assists to the Liberty effort. Charles has scored double figures in eight of her last ten contests.
- Tanisha Wright added eight points on 3-of-7 from the field and 2-of-4 from beyond the arc.
- Birthday girl, Amanda Zauhi B 13 points and 11 rebounds, her third double-double of the season.
- The Liberty scored 40 points in the paint. Atlanta scored 22 points in the paint.
- Brittany Boyd, Reshanda Gray, Bria Hartley and Kia Nurse each finished with seven points.
- Atlanta shot 35.8% from the field and 17.4% from deep.
- Alex Bentley has the game-high with 17 points on 6-of-17 from the field.
- Jessica Breland and Brittney Sykes added 12 and 10 points, respectively.
For more information about the New York Liberty fans are encouraged to click on the link seen here: