The National League Champion New York Mets today announced their promotional schedule for the 2016 season at Citi Field featuring more than 500,000 promotional items.
Single game tickets will go on sale Monday, November 30 at 10:00 a.m. at Mets.com/Tickets and (718) 507-TIXX. An exclusive presale for Citi cardmembers starts Wednesday, November 25 at 10:00 a.m.at Mets.com/CitiPreSale. Fans are also encouraged to utilize their Citi ThankYou® Preferred Card on all Mets offers throughout the season as they will receive 2 points for every dollar spent on all dining out and entertainment purchases, including Mets tickets and concessions. Season ticket and partial plans are available now as well at Mets.com/Tickets.
2016 will feature the return of the popular weekend promotions Free Shirt Fridays, Super Saturdays and Family Sundays. Highlights include Opening Day vs. Philadelphia at 1:10 p.m. on Friday, April 8; Rematch of the 2015 World Series vs. Kansas City on June 21-22. Weekend series vs. the Chicago Cubs June 30-July 3, Los Angeles Dodgers May 27-29 and the Washington Nationals July 8-10 andSeptember 2-4. The Subway Series takes place on August 1-2.
Free Shirt Fridays – Designs below (All games start at 7:10 p.m.)
On the following 12 Friday dates, all fans will receive a uniquely designed Mets themed T-Shirt:
- April 29 vs. San Francisco Giants
- May 20 vs. Milwaukee Brewers
- May 27 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers
- June 17 vs. Atlanta Braves
- July 1 vs. Chicago Cubs
- July 8 vs. Washington Nationals
- July 29 vs. Colorado Rockies
- August 12 vs. San Diego Padres
- August 26 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
- September 2 vs. Washington Nationals
- September 16 vs. Minnesota Twins
- September 23 vs. Philadelphia Phillies
Super Saturdays – June 18 and August 13
Super Saturdays will include some of our most popular giveaway items. A pair of Saturday home games will feature post-game concerts: June 18 (time TBD) vs. the Atlanta Braves and August 13(7:10 p.m.) vs. the San Diego Padres. The 2016 Mets Concert Series headliners will be announced in the coming weeks.
The performances will begin approximately 20 minutes after the conclusion of the game from a stage in the outfield behind second base. Admission to the concert is included in the price of the game ticket.
Fireworks – April 9 and September 3
There are currently two fireworks nights in 2016 all following Saturday night games on April 9 vs. the Philadelphia Phillies (7:10 p.m.) and September 3 vs. Washington Nationals (7:10 p.m.)
Fireworks will be launched from Citi Field’s roof and the centerfield grass, providing a 360-degree experience for fans throughout the ballpark.
Saturday Premium Giveaway
At the following Saturday games, the first 15,000 fans will receive the following premium giveaway items:
- April 30vs. San Francisco Giants – Noah Syndergaarden Gnome presented by Citi (7:10 p.m.)
- May 21vs. Milwaukee Brewers – Bucket Hat (time TBD)
- July 9vs. Washington Nationals – Fedora Hat (time TBD)
- August 27vs. Philadelphia Phillies – Bobblehead #1 (7:10 p.m.)
- September 17vs. Minnesota Twins – Bobblehead #2 (7:10 p.m.)
- September 24vs. Philadelphia Phillies – Knit Cap (7:10 p.m.)
Family Sundays (All games scheduled to start at 1:10 p.m.)
- Every Sundayhome game is “Family Sunday” at Citi Field. Beginning 2 hours prior game time on the Mets Plaza, adjacent to the Jackie Robinson Rotunda, there are Mets featured family-friendly activities including kids inflatables, face painters, balloon artists, entertainment and a postgame Mr. Met Dash when kids 12 and under can come down onto the field and run the bases, weather permitting.
The following is the complete list of promotions on Sundays. Promotional items will be given out to the first 15,000 fans. All Sunday games are scheduled to start at 1:10 p.m.
- April 10 vs. Philadelphia Phillies (1:10 p.m.) – Rally Towels to all in attendance
- May 1 vs. San Francisco Giants (1:10 p.m.) – Baseball Socks
- May 22 vs. Milwaukee Brewers (1:10 p.m.) – Eye Black
- May 29 vs. Los Angeles Dodgers (1:10 p.m.) – TBD
- June 19 vs. Atlanta Braves (1:10 p.m.) – Father’s Day Caps (All fathers & Kids 12 and under)
- July 3 vs. Chicago Cubs (1:10 p.m.) – Sunglasses
- July 10 vs. Washington Nationals (1:10 p.m.) – Wristbands
- July 31 vs. Colorado Rockies (1:10 p.m.) – Fathead (player TBD)
- August 14 vs. San Diego Padres (1:10 p.m.) – W.B. Mason Toy Truck Giveaway
- August 28 vs. Philadelphia Phillies (1:10 p.m.) – Lunch Bag
- September 4 vs. Washington Nationals (1:10 p.m.) – Jersey Tote Bag courtesy of MLB Network
- September 18 vs. Minnesota (1:10 p.m.) – Batting Gloves
- September 25 vs. Philadelphia Phillies (1:10 p.m.) – 2017 Schedule Magnet
Times for Saturday and Sunday games may change, subject to Major League Baseball’s national broadcast agreements with FOX and ESPN.
For more information on the New York Mets fans are encouraged to click on the link seen here: