The Staten Island Yankees are excited to announce the 2015 promotional schedule, the best one in franchise history! From bobblehead giveaways to pop culture-inspired nights, this summer will have a little something for everyone.
Individual game tickets go on sale Saturday, April 18, at noon. We will be hosting a kick off event at Richmond County Bank Ballpark from 2-4 p.m. featuring former New York Yankees Cecil Fielder and Mickey Rivers signing autographs, as well as chances to win Derek Jeter collectables.
Friday, June 19 vs. Brooklyn Opening Day: Field of Dreams, sponsored by Richmond University Medical Center
- Dwier Brown (John Kinsella, Kevin Costner’s father) from the movie Field of Dreams will be signing autographs and throwing out the first pitch
- Magnetic Schedule Giveaway to first 2,500 fans in the ballpark
- RUMC blood drive for men’s health awareness; Donor’s will receive one (1) free ticket voucher to a future Staten Island Yankees game
- In honor of Father’s Day weekend, we’ll have a post-game catch on the field led by Dwier Brown for fathers and non-fathers alike
- In-game Hospitality 10 Card Inc. Match Card Game
Sunday, June 28 vs. State College Staten Island Sports Hall of Fame Night
- Celebrating the 100th anniversary of the founding of Staten Island’s only NFL franchise, the Staten Island Stapletons
- S.I. Sports Hall of Fame will be on hand with pieces from their historical collection
Saturday, July 4 vs. Hudson Valley Fourth of July Celebration
- Watching America’s Pastime followed by post-game fireworks against the Manhattan skyline. It’s the perfect way to celebrate our nation’s birthday!
- Get spectacular views of Staten Island Yankee fireworks as well as other fireworks shows across the New York Harbour
Wednesday, July 15 vs. Brooklyn Jewish Heritage Night, presented by Gold’s
- Celebrating the 15th anniversary of our first New York-Penn League Title, the first 2,500 fans in the park will get a 2000 Championship Team Card Set
Friday, July 17 vs. Brooklyn #beatBKLYN Night
- We’re turning up the heat on Minor League Baseball’s fiercest rivalry, showcasing some of the things that make Staten Island > Brooklyn
- #beatBKLYN Rally Cap Giveaway to first 2,500 in the park
- Staten Island Borough President James Oddo and Brooklyn Borough President Eric Adams will be on hand for an on-field contest for charity
Saturday, July 18 vs. Lowell FDNY Appreciation/Dellin Betances Bobblehead Giveaway
- Help us celebrate the 150th anniversary of the FDNY and 100th anniversary of Engine 161/Ladder 81
- All Staten Island firehouses will be represented at the ballpark, along with the FDNY’s ceremonial color guard and National Anthem singer
- Free Dellin Betances Bobblehead for the first 2,500 fans in the park
Saturday, August 1 vs. Aberdeen Jason Arnold “No-No” Night
- Free Jason Arnold Bobblehead for the first 1,000 fans in the park, commemorating the first and only no-hitter in franchise history
- Special appearance by Jason Arnold himself
Saturday, August 8 vs. Hudson Valley Game of Thrones Night
- Author of the book series that brought the HBO hit show to life, George R.R. Martin will be in attendance to sign autographs
- The team will wear special jerseys on-field donning the team name for the night, Staten Island Direwolves. Jerseys will be auctioned to support the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary.
- Staten Island Direwolves Hat Giveaway to first 2,500 fans in the park
- Appearance by a real, live wolf from the Wild Spirit Wolf Sanctuary
Sunday, August 9 vs. Brooklyn Blue Lives Matter
- Come support Blue Lives Matter, the non-profit organization created to help the families of law enforcement during their time of need
- Wife of slain NYPD officer Rafael Ramos, Maritza Ramos, will throw out the ceremonial first pitch
- Staten Island Yankees Blue Lives Matter bracelets will be given to the first 4,000 fans in the park
Wednesday, August 12 vs. Williamsport 2nd Annual Dog Days of Summer
- We’re inviting man’s best friend to ballpark once again! Call 718-313-1335 to purchase dog tickets.
- David Frei of the Westminster Kennel Club and his agility dogs will be on hand for a pregame demonstration
Friday, August 14 vs. Williamsport NYPD Appreciation Night
- Help us honor the men and women who serve to protect us each and every day
- Units from all five boroughs will be represented in the ballpark
- We will be doing in-park fundraising for a cause chosen by local law enforcement
Saturday, August 15 vs. Vermont Staten Island Star Search
- We’re looking for the borough’s “diamond in the rough”! Contestants will showcase their talent in front of the fans of Richmond County Bank Ballpark for a chance to be named Staten Island’s best. Auditions are Saturday, May 9. Contact firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve an audition spot.
- Foam Finger Giveaway to the first 2,500 fans in the park, sponsored by Richmond County Savings Bank
Sunday, August 16 vs. Vermont Italian Heritage Night
- Enjoy some of the finest Italian food found in any ballpark in the country
- Renowned Elvis/Frank Sinatra impersonator Frank James will be at the park performing some timeless classics
Friday, August 28 vs. Hudson Valley Irish Heritage Night, sponsored by Richmond County Savings Bank
- Staten Island Yankees Shamrock Hat Giveaway to the first 2,500 fans in the park
- Irish heritage music and entertainment throughout the game
Sunday, August 30 vs. Connecticut Military Appreciation Night
- Help us honor the men and women who sacrifice to help us keep our freedom
- We will be doing in-park fundraising for a cause chosen by a local military organization
Friday, September 4 vs. Tri-City Fan Appreciation Night
- Players will wear Staten Island-themed jerseys on the field as a tribute to another great season on the island
- All fans in attendance will have the chance to win a game-worn Staten Island flag-themed jersey during the game
- End-of-the-season coupon and gift card giveaways from local restaurants and businesses throughout the game
- Big Money Mondays: Every Monday during the season we will give fans the chance to win prizes and money. Through a series of games like Nine Innings of Winning to win door prizes, High Roller Dice for $25,000 or a baseball-themed Monty Hall problem, fans will get the chance to kick the week off with a win.
- Post-game fireworks: After every Friday and Saturday night game, fans will be treated to a spectacular post-game fireworks show set against the Manhattan skyline.
- Kids Run the Bases: After the conclusion of every game, all kids in attendance are invited to take a jog around the bases just like the Baby Bombers after they hit a homer!
For more information on the Staten Island Yankees fans are encouraged to click on the link seen here: