Defending MAAC Champion Manhattan (18-13) will square off with Iona (26-7) on Monday, March 9 at 9 p.m. with a trip to the NCAA Tournament on the line
#1 – The teams will be meeting in the MAAC Championship game for the third-straight year.
#2 – Since the start of last season, the Jaspers are 8-3 in neutral site games and 17-5 in the February/March.
#3 – Manhattan holds a 3-2 advantage over the Gaels in MAAC Tournament action.
MAAC TOURNAMENT QUICK HITS
* Manhattan holds an all-time MAAC Tournament record of 25-29 in 33 appearances, including going 4-4 in Championship Games.
* The Jaspers will be looking for their fifth title and first of the back-to-back variety since claiming top honors in 2003 and 2004.
* Manhattan 16-4 when entering the field as either the No. 1 or No. 2 seed with four titles, but are just 9-25 when not seeded among the top-two.
* The Jaspers are 2-3 when playing as the No. 3 seed
* Manhattan is 24-8 over the last three years in the months of February and March.
* The Jaspers are 17-13 in MAAC Tournament action when playing at the Times Union Center and have won two titles at the venue.
* Head Coach Steve Masiello is tied with Fran Fraschilla for the most MAAC Tournament wins (7) in school history.
* Manhattan, which has won six-of-seven, was led by junior Shane Richards’ game-high 14 points in the Jaspers’ 65-48 win over Saint Peter’s as Manhattan improved to 9-2, all-time, in MAAC Tournament semifinal action.
* Manhattan is averaging 72.7 ppg over its last seven games, led by senior Emmy Andujar (17.0 ppg) and junior Ashton Pankey (15.0 ppg).
* Senior RaShawn Stores, who is averaging 8.1 ppg, 3.0 apg and 2.1 spg while posting a 5.3 assist/turnover ratio over the last seven and has picked it up in the second half during that time to the tune of a blistering 62.5 percent (10-of-16) conversion rate from distance with 13 assists and no turnovers.
For more information on the Manhattan College Men’s Basketball team fans are encouraged to click on the link seen here: