Manhattan (15-13; 12-7 MAAC) hosts Quinnipiac (15-13; 9-10 MAAC) at Draddy Gym on Sunday, March 1 at 2 p.m. in a game that will be streamed live on ESPN3.
#1 – Prior to the game at 1:30 p.m., the Jaspers will honor seniors Emmy Andujar, Donovan Kates, Ashton Pankey and RaShawn Stores.
#2 – A win today or a Monmouth loss to Siena will give Manhattan the No. 3 seed in the upcoming MAAC tournament.
#3 – The Jaspers can do no worse than the No. 4 and will be looking to avenge an earlier 73-59 loss to QU.
* Andujar, Kates, Pankey and Stores are a combined 34-13 at Draddy Gymnasium during their four years in Riverdale.
* This season, Manhattan is 8-2 at home while averaging 74.6 ppg, on 46.7 percent shooting, including 36.8 percent from deep.
* Nine of the 10 home games have been decided by 10 points or less.
* The Jaspers have also claimed 12-of-14 and 17-of-20 at home dating back to last season.
* Sunday’s game also marks the 13th time (4-8) this season that Manhattan has played on the ESPN family of networks.
* In the first meeting, Andujar scored a game-high 25 points to go along with 12 rebounds and is averaging 15.0 ppg, 8.0 rpg and 1.5 apg against Quinnipiac for his career.
* The Jaspers, which finished with a season-best 15 in the win vs. Fairfield, is 16-2 when recording at least 10 steals over the last two years and 27-5 during Masiello’s regime, including posting a 19-2 record against MAAC opposition.
* Junior Shane Richards scored 14 points at Iona, fueled by three triples, while tying his own single-season record total of 77 that he shares with Jeff Xavier.
For more information on the Manhattan Men’s Basketball team fans are encouraged to click on the link seen here: