Barclays Center, home of the Brooklyn Nets, and Levy Restaurants, the venue’s food and beverage partner, are launching the first-ever All-Star Taste food program that will feature savory classic dishes inspired by NBA cities and served at arenas throughout the league. All-Star Taste is an extension of the renowned BrooklynTaste food program, which features 55 popular local Brooklyn restaurants at Barclays Center. Created by top Levy chefs, All-Star Taste will be served at Barclays Center during the 2015 All-Star events on Feb. 13-15.
Fans will have two opportunities to preview the All-Star Taste menu. Barclays Center will debut the full menu on Friday, Feb. 6 at the Brooklyn Nets vs. New York Knicks game. On Monday, Feb. 9, fans should ready their appetites for the 2015 All-Star Taste Truck, which will bring a sampling of the All-Star eats to select locations around the city, including Times Square.
“We are excited to launch the first-ever All-Star Taste, a unique culinary program that is expanding on the All-Star experience like never before,” said Brett Yormark, CEO of the Brooklyn Nets and Barclays Center. “The unparalleled BrooklynTaste was developed through our partnership with Levy and we are raising the bar again by bringing national culinary specialties together at Barclays Center.”
“It’s been an amazing partnership with Barclays Center from the start because it’s been about culinary innovation, local tastes and giving fans what they really want, “ said Andy Lansing, CEO of Levy Restaurants. “We’re excited to build on that by having our Chefs bring the best local tastes from around the league to Brooklyn to launch All-Star weekend.”
All-Star Taste Menu:
From vibrant Latin cuisine and house-smoked BBQ to Asian fusion and hearty Southern classics, the All-Star Taste menu at Barclays Center showcases some of the best gameday bites you’ll find at arenas throughout the league.
- BBQ Pork Banh Mi (Golden State Warriors): Smoked pork with crispy Asian slaw, glazed with Sriracha aioli and fresh cilantro
- Brown Bag Bologna Sandwich (Memphis Grizzlies): Fried thick cut bologna on Texas toast with spicy mayo, American cheese and a dash of BBQ spice
- Butcher Burger (Brooklyn Nets): A signature short rib, brisket and ground beef blend burger from Brooklyn’s own Paisanos
- Chicken and Biscuit (Portland Trailblazers): Sizzling crispy chicken breast on a buttermilk biscuit, topped with zesty pickles and honey mustard
- Classic Carolina Pork BBQ (Charlotte Hornets): Southern-style pulled pork, topped with Carolina BBQ sauce, coleslaw and pickles
- Classic Cuban (Miami Heat): Smoked ham and roasted pork, topped with Swiss cheese and sweet pickles on toasted baguette
- DC Big Smoke (Washington Wizards): Half smoked sausage topped with chili and tabasco onions on a hoagie roll
- Fiery Footlong (Denver Nuggets): Spicy footlong sausage, accompanied by coleslaw and smothered in zesty BBQ sauce
- Flying South Chicken Sandwich (Atlanta Hawks): Buttermilk marinated, hand-breaded crispy chicken with Southern hot sauce, topped with blue cheese slaw, secret sauce and bread & butter pickles
- Ignite Bites (Phoenix Suns): Spicy habanero popcorn chicken bites served with buttermilk agave dip
- Juicy Lucy (Minnesota Timberwolves): Juicy burger stuffed with American cheese and topped with crispy bacon, grilled onions and secret sauce on a toasted bun
- LA Fish Tacos (Los Angeles Lakers and Clippers): beer battered cod topped with cilantro cole slaw, pico de gallo and cilantro aioli on corn tortillas
- Mad House Burger (Chicago Bulls): Griddled burger topped with a polish sausage, caramelized onions and American cheese on a pretzel roll
- Maverick Shrimp Cocktail (Dallas Mavericks): Mouthwatering poached shrimp, ripe avocado, crisp cucumber and fresh Pico de Gallo in a spicy tomato juice, topped with crispy corn tortilla strips
- Milwaukee’s Best (Milwaukee Bucks): Jalapeño hot dog topped with cheese sauce and fried jalapeños
- OMG Dog (Orlando Magic): All-beef hot dog topped with onion compote, seasoned ground beef and ketchup-mayo sauce
- Pacers Pork Tenderloin Sandwich (Indiana Pacers): Two juicy pork tenderloins sandwiched between four Belgian waffles, lathered with jalapeño peach butter and homemade Rooster Sauce
- Smoked Brisket Plate (Houston Rockets): Scrumptious smoked brisket with cornbread waffles, jalapeño slaw and Cascabel pepper BBQ sauce
- Spicy Chicken Coney (Detroit Pistons): A twist on Detroit’s classic Coney – crispy chicken, topped with Coney sauce, yellow mustard and crispy onions on a buttery brioche roll
- Texas Brisket Sandwich (San Antonio Spurs): Sliced brisket drizzled with a coffee BBQ sauce on a soft potato roll
- Thunderstorm Dog (Oklahoma City Thunder): Footlong spicy hot dog wrapped in bacon, topped with coleslaw, BBQ aioli and fried okra.
For more information on the Barclays Center fans are encouraged to click on the link seen here:
For more information about Levy Restaurants fans are encouraged to click on the link seen here: