The New York Mets on Wednesday announced their promotional schedule for the 2014 season at Citi Field. All promotions will take place on Fridays, Saturdays and Sundays highlighted by Free-Shirt Fridays, Saturday Concerts & Fireworks and
Single game tickets for all 81 Mets home games including Opening Day and the Subway Series go on sale Saturday, November 23 at 10:00 a.m. at Mets.com and (718) 507-TIXX. An exclusive presale for Citi cardmembers starts Monday, November 18 at 10:00 a.m. at Mets.com/CitiPreSale. Mr. and Mrs. Met will appear at the Citibank branch in Union Square from 12:00-1:00 p.m. on November 18 to help celebrate the exclusive presale. Fans are also encouraged to utilize their Citi ThankYou Preferred Card on all Mets offers throughout the season as they will receive 2 points for every dollar spent on all dining out and entertainment purchases.
The 2014 Mets season will begin with Opening Day, March 31 when the Mets host the Washington Nationals at1:10 p.m. All fans in attendance will receive a 2014 Mets Magnetic Schedule presented by SNY.
On the following Friday dates, all fans will receive a uniquely designed Mets themed T-Shirt:
- · April 4 vs. Reds
- · April 18 vs. Braves
- · April 25 vs. Marlins
- · May 9 vs. Phillies
- · May 23 presented by GEICO vs. Diamondbacks
- · June 13 vs. Padres
- · July 11 vs. Marlins
- · August 1 vs. Giants
- · August 15 vs. Cubs
- · August 29 presented by Pepsi vs. Phillies
- · September 12 presented by Budweiser vs. Nationals
- · September 26 vs. Astros
Saturday Post-Game Concerts
Four Saturday home games will feature post-game concerts: June 14, July 12, August 16, and September 27. The 2014 Mets Concert Series presented by Duane Reade will be headlined by Huey Lewis and the News (July 12) and Boyz II Men (August 16). The other two acts will be announced in the coming weeks.
Huey Lewis and the News will perform following the Mets-Marlins game on July 12. The band is best known for its third album SPORTS, a 10-times platinum chart-topping smash that generated four Top 10 singles including “The Heart of Rock & Roll” and “I Want a New Drug.” Huey Lewis and the News also scored three No. 1 songs: “Stuck With You,” “Power of Love,” and “Jacob’s Ladder.”
Boyz II Men will take the stage after the Mets-Cubs 7:10 p.m. game on August 16. The Grammy Award winning, multiplatinum iconic pop group has sold more than 60 million albums worldwide with No. 1 hits such as “End of the Road,” “I’ll Make Love to You,” and “One Sweet Day.”
The performances will begin approximately 20 minutes after the conclusion of the game from a stage in the outfield behind second base. Admission to the concert is included in the price of the game ticket.
There will be three fireworks nights in 2014 starting with a special 4th of July celebratory show following the 7:10 p.m. Mets-Rangers game.
Fireworks Night presented by Duane Read will take place Saturday, August 2 following the 7:10 p.m. Mets-Giants game and Saturday, September 13 after the 7:10 p.m. Mets-Nationals game. Fireworks will be launched from Citi Field’s roof and the centerfield grass, providing a 360-degree experience for fans throughout the ballpark.
Saturday Premium Giveaways
At the following Saturday games, the first 20,000 fans will receive the following premium giveaway items:
- · 2014 Mets Calendar – April 5 vs. Reds (1:10 p.m.)
- · Shea Stadium 50th Anniversary Canvas Print – April 19 vs. Braves (7:10 p.m.)
- · Replica Mets Batting Helmet – April 26 vs. Marlins (7:10 p.m.)
- · Nolan Ryan 1969 Commemorative Bobblehead from Delta Air Lines – May 10 vs. Phillies (7:10 p.m.)
- · David Wright Canvas Print – May 24 vs. Diamondbacks (TBA)
- · Floppy Hat – July 5 vs. Rangers (TBA)
- · Mr. Met Canvas Print – August 30 vs. Phillies (7:10 p.m.)
Sunday games will cater to families with Family Sundays at Citi Field. Each of the promotional items will have a kids theme, and the Mr. Met Dash, where kids run the bases after the game, will take place every Sunday. For Mother’s Day (May 11), there will be a special giveaway item for moms and their children and they will have the opportunity to run the bases after the game in the Mr. Met Dash. Similarly on Father’s Day (June 15), dads and kids will receive a special item and participate in the Mr. Met Dash.
The following is the complete list of promotions on Sundays. Promotional items will be given out to the first 15,000 fans unless otherwise noted. All Sunday games are scheduled to start at 1:10 p.m.
- · Player Poster #1 – April 6 vs. Reds
- · Recyclable Tote Bag presented by MLB Network – April 20 vs. Braves
- · Loom Bands – April 27 vs. Marlins
- · Mother’s Day Moms & Kids T-Shirts – May 11 vs. Phillies (all moms and kids)
- · Banner Day – May 25 vs. Diamondbacks (pre-game parade)
- · Item TBA – May 25 vs. Diamondbacks
- · Father’s Day Dads and Kids Cap – June 15 vs. Padres (all dads and kids)
- · Cereal Bowl – July 6 vs. Rangers
- · Player Poster #2 – July 13 vs. Marlins
- · W.B. Mason Truck– August 3 vs. Giants
- · Batting Practice Cap – August 17 vs. Cubs
- · Lunch Cooler Bag presented by GEICO – August 31 vs. Phillies
- · Player Poster #3 – September 14 vs. Nationals
- · 2015 Magnetic Schedule – September 28 vs. Astros (all fans)
- · Fan Appreciation Day – September 28 vs. Astros
Times for Saturday and Sunday games may change, subject to Major League Baseball’s national broadcast agreements with FOX and ESPN.
You must log in to post a comment.